Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

First Aid Beauty

I have been using First Aid Beauty or FAB products since early 2010. After getting multiple system damage as well as chemical sensitivities from taking Levaquin, I decided I wanted to try and cut out chemicals from my life. I started looking for products that didn't have harsh chemicals like paraben, sulfates, dyes, fragrances, etc. I stumbled onto a store called sephora and bought a starter kit of FAB as well as Boscia. The Boscia has weird smells to each of their products and really didn't do much for me although I love their Botanical blast tonic spray. The FAB kit though was a blessing in adorable packaging. It lasted me about 4 months and cost $15.
The Body Wash: It is virtually smell free, great with sensitive skin and washes completely
without drying out my skin. I do have sensitive skin and for me this product is perfect.
The Body Moisturizer: This is a light yet moisturizing lotion. It goes on easily and works instantly. It doesn't leave a filmy feeling but does leave my skin soft.
The Face Cleanser: It is also smell free and works well. It is one of those products that follows the rule "A little goes a long way." Yogi still uses this cleanser and loves it, I am trying out others to see which side of the fence is greener or in this case clearer.
The Daily Face Cream: This product I am in love with but I do question our future together for only one reason, it doesn't have an SPF in it. :(

I went back to repurchase in the full sizes and the Fab Favs caught my eye. It is $38.00 and all of the products are FULL SIZE!

The Ultra Repair Cream: This is the real deal for serious moisturizing. I use it after swimming as my skin really dries out afterwards. For my hubby It is great for his hands after work, My little sister has a touch of eczema and this clears it up nicely. I highly recommend this product.
Radiance Pads: Yogi works A Lot and Very Hard in a Dirty Job! These little pads are a god send for him. He gets off work and can grab one or two of these to get the guck off his face as soon as possible. For me my skin is a little too sensitive to rub with anything. He loves em though.

My Mumsie tried the Red Serum by FAB and it did have a noticeable difference in the redness to her cheeks but is in no way a miracle cure for redness.

So I went back to repurchase the Ultra Repair Cream as my whole family invades my stash! and I found this little kit! $18

I was so excited to find this because the Cleanser and Cream will last me at least 4 months and I have been dying to try their new shave cream.
Shave Cream: This stuff is the product I have always been looking for. My skin is most sensitive on my legs and the regular shave creams make my skin burn! This product works great with my sensitive skin and "A little goes a long way".
Lip Therapy: This was a bonus to me, I didn't think I'd care much for it because I have so many smashbox glosses and for balms I use Jack Black lip balms. So it came as a surprise to me that I love this stuff. Its texture is not a gloss, not a balm but something all its own. There is no flavor and the smell is light and pleasant.

I hope you found this review helpful! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment