Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

My Winter at the Movies

Every so often I tend to be at the movies a lot. This has been the case this winter. I'm sure you have figured out by now that I am a somewhat opinionated person and also that i love to share. These are the flicks:

Hunger Games
One For the Money
Safe House
Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked
Journey 2
and
This Means War:
I give this movie 4 F's... Fabulous, Funny, Flirty and Fiesty The casting was great, Reese had so much chemistry with both Chris and Tom that I didn't know which way she would go with it. The action, comedy and romance levels were all pretty even with one another, they didn't over focus on any one aspect of the movie so it came off well balanced. I found this movie to be a breath of fresh air. TWO THUMBS UP

One For the Money
Another Boovie(book to movie) I was very disappointed in the casting of this film, I like all the actors chosen but none of them for the characters. I was disappointed in the attempt to modernize it. The book was released in the early 90's. I came into this movie expecting it to be the same. Instead it was set in modern day and just didn't come close to the level of humor and suspense that the book reaches. Boo! ONE THUMB DOWN

Safe House by Guest Blogger Yogi!

Though I don't tend to get excited about movies these days for some reason 
Safe house had me thinking it would be better then it was. I will say there was a lotof good action in this movie and they did an ok job at building the characters. But 
like all action movies these days it is like watching one episode of 24, while there 
is a lot of action and a rich plot, when it ends you are wondering what will happen 
next. Not in a "I can't wait for the sequel" but in a " this movie is lacking a 
finish that's appropriate for it's hype" I would say this is an ok movie but one 
that you an wait till it's on Netflix. ONE THUMB UP


Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked
This movie was ok. Not the best of the series. My little brother loved it and thought it was funny. My younger sister thought it was good. I'd say it is good for 8 and under. ONE THUMB UP

Journey 2
Not often do you go to a sequel and think Wow that was better then the first one! This movie I thought exactly that. It was very good. The twists and turns were well thought out. I did not like the creepy "pop your pecks" thing, they took that too far. We watched this in 3D I personally hate 3D movies but the kids begged so I went with it. The 3D effects were a big hit with my siblings, I still hate 3D movies, but will buy the movie on dvd. TWO THUMBS UP

Hunger Games
Oh the Hunger Games. I have never had such mixed emotions about a Boovie before. They added in a lot of stuff that is not in the book at all. Normally this would make me want to walk out but instead I think in some ways it made it better. Unclear things were explained and I like that, although I do think it took away from the intensity of what Katniss went through. They cut out a few characters that are a part of the next book so it will be interesting to see how they recover from that. I do think they seriously missed the boat on one aspect. In the book you read how much Katniss is "faking" her romance with Peeta but in the movie they didn't really emphasize it so you feel like it is all real and steamy. The biggest complaint I have is the costume and makeup for the capitol people. I picture them very futuristically funky, bright crazy colors, and fresh looking. In the movie it is like a bad party in the 80's. Effie's makeup was the worst, they hyped it up so I was expecting it to look great but it came across like marie antoinette goes to the kentucky derby in 1985. Aside from the negatives I still give it TWO THUMBS UP because unlike twilight they had a great cast, there was no blue tint, and they didn't turn a great book into a joke.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment