Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Attention "Gentleman"

Are you a man who is single? Have you ever thought to yourself "I did everything right, I held the door for her, complimented her, struck up conversation and even made myself look silly in an attempt to make her smile! Why doesn't she want to date me!?" Ever said there are no good girls out there or they are all bitches? Well good sir Maybe it is not us but rather you....True there are a lot of useless woman out there, girls looking for free drinks, girls that are gold digging, and some that just want to have fun then ignore your texts for further amusement. My defense is simply that those women have been burned by D-bags in the past and are now using men the way they were used... Doesn't feel so good does it boys? If you have grown beyond that phase in your life and really are wanting a woman you can love then ask yourself if you have the skills to be relationship material. Are you a gentleman? No No No A real gentleman! Let me tell you a true story.


I'm at the gym, it's late morning and I am enjoying myself in the Zumba Gold for seniors class with my mother. Why does a woman in her 20's go to the Seniors Zumba you ask? Because I'm crippled and I like the people! I have found that 90 percent of people in their twilight years are kind, non-judgmental, encouraging, accepting and have no place in their life for comparison. I'm three songs in and dying, when this dude comes in....maybe 35 idk. He Zumbas a bit and then sits in the back of the class...Hello Buddy, there is a mirror and I can see you staring at my ass....NOT COOL.


Mom and I are guzzling water between songs and he approaches me holds out his hand and introduces himself while I am mid gulp so I nod and he asks for my name. I tell him and he tells me I'm good at Zumba. I get it, you are a man so certainly not a mind reader and can't tell by looking at me that I am disabled with multiple system damage and spent the last two days in bed. Common sense would tell me that the reason a person like me would pick a crowd like this is one of two reasons, I like to do Zumba with my Nana or I don't want to be hit on and stared at like the lovely ladies in the Full on Zumba classes have to endure. I do give him props for being bold enough to say hello however what really bothered me about this encounter is the fact that he acted as though my mother did not exist. Are you kidding me bro!? That kind of behavior sends off my douche bag radar.


Not satisfied with his failed attempt he decided to stand by me when the song "Stand By Me" comes on and Zumbas in unison with me.... creepy! He tires of this quickly and resumes his position of staring at my ass while sitting on his. At the end of the class he waits for me at the door so we purposely wait him out but he doesn't give up.... So we give in and head for the door he holds the door for me and then lets it go in the face of a few elderly ladies that were behind me!!!! Seriously!? Then has the nerve to meaningfully look me in the eyes and tell me to have an amazing day. I flash him my ring and a quick thanks then walk away.


This sort of thing happens all the time to women all around the world. Dude you think you are doing all the right things but all you did was show how immature and not ready for a relationship you are. The good girls of this world are that way for a reason...we are smart! We look at this scenario and say to ourselves.


He has poor observational skills: Ring + Left hand = Taken,  asked for my name mid drink. Disrespectful: acted like my companion was invisible, stared at my ass for an hour. Presumptuous: Really, do you think we are ready to be dancing to Stand by me together? Not a true gentleman: If you are going to hold a door for a pretty lady before an elderly one you suck at life! This action tells a woman that the chivalrous actions you are displaying towards them is a ruse and will soon enough stop once the newness of dating wears off. Men, you can not fool a "good girl" we see right through it.


So for those that really are wanting a good girl and a relationship that lasts, start skill building. Train yourself to be the best person you can be, just like working on a six pack it takes time and effort. Begin by opening the door for any woman you come across no matter her looks, age, or size. If there is a man behind her hold it for him too, its call human decency. Resist the urge to look at a woman's breast and butt, I know this is hard but we do notice even when you think you were slick. Work on your skills of observation, check for a ring before you check the booty. Don't ask questions when she is eating, drinking or mid sentence. Give compliments and advice, If you see a guy in the razor section looking confused as to which he should buy... recommend your favorite. If you see a women in her late 50's twisting in the mirror muling over a new dress... tell her it looks amazing. In short I'm saying be kind and bold to everyone. Women want a man who is genuinely kind and chivalrous not one who pretends to be for her. I'm sure you are a great guy with a lot to offer, if you add a few of these skills and turn them into healthy habits you will find a good girl. I was lucky and landed myself a man you was very well skilled in being a true gentleman, I owe his mother, grandmother, aunts and sister my gratitude! Thanks you ladies you did a fabulous job although he is sick of shopping :P  Happy Love Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment