Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Product Review - Smashbox

I received the Smashbox Burlesque set over a year ago. I was very excited because I am a gloss junkie and also the set includes a full-size limitless liquid eyeliner. I had been wanting to try this product. You can no longer buy this set but the products are available individually at sephora or online. I can say genuinely that I love every product in this kit. I will review each in order of least loved to most.

The loose pink powder: It has a great color, goes on well and lasts. The only downside is that I am not big on loose powder.

The eyeshadow quad: This is a handy quad you can make a look with the colors in it or mix and match with others. The pigments are great and the case is not too bulky. No real downside but i do wish a few of the color were matte.

Limitless Eyeliner Pen: I wanted to do this review after such a long time because, haters of the brand say the eyeliner dries up quickly but i have found this to be untrue. This is a great way to apply liquid eyeliner, I was very inexperience with liquid eyeliner. I had tried it once before and came out of the bathroom looking like a raccoon, not a pretty sight. This has a felt tip so it like putting eyeliner on with a marker which was way more my speed as I was that girl in High school that drew on her shoes and doodled on her hands, in fact I use this product to draw temp tattoos, for halloween. I have had it forever and it still works. It has major staying power and the pigment is true to its name Jet Black. I will be buying this again.

Lip duo: I would have put the eyeliner last but as I fore mentioned I am a lip gloss junkie and this duo is top shelf! The colors are perfect with my skin tone. The you can mix them or do each individual either way it looks foxy! The texture of smash box glosses rock and the wear time is considerably longer then other glosses I have tried. I am so excited because they are now making this duo available individually. :) I will be ordering this once my 13 other smash box glosses are gone.

Well thats it for now, I hope this review was helpful. I know a lot of people are obsessed with make up for ever but I wanted to shine some light on Smashbox because they make some great products.

No comments:

Post a Comment